Pages

Solidarity, Sister: Raegan

Monday, May 22, 2017

You know when a problem pops up in your life, and you want to talk to somebody about it, but you don't want to hear the wise, mature answer? You just want to sit on your friend's couch to freely mope, pout and gossip? You know what I'm talking about... you don't need biblical references or wisdom. You don't need to be put back in your place. You don't need to become more aware of the role you played in the problem. All you want is your ego stroked. Well... Raegan is not the somebody you call. If you're looking for a pity party, you don't go to Raegan's house. If you seek real, honest truths, accompanied by scripture to back it up, and words dripping in wisdom (literally, she spits like a camel), then you call Raegan. I don't call Raegan very often. THIS IS A JOKE. She's usually the first person I call when I'm fuming about something. We became friends about four years ago when our husbands joined the staff at Stonegate Fellowship. We bonded quickly, as we were both the new kids on the block that laughed at fart jokes and shared a mutual love for chai tea.  There are a lot of examples that I could give you about why I love her so deeply, but frankly, most of them make me weepy and I'm just not in the mood for that today. She and her husband Josh have blessed us time and time again over the course of our five year friendship, in every way imaginable. We love to laugh with them, and some of my very favorite memories with Raegan involved driving down some tollway in Dallas, laughing and gasping for air over things that probably weren't even that funny. She's the one I call when something is hard to understand. She's the one I call when my life doesn't make sense. And it always seems that when I find myself reaching down into the pity pit, the phone rings with a hysterical picture of her in one of her Halloween costumes. "What's goin' on?" she says before I even finish hello. She's the type of friend that you need. The type of friend that pushes you toward Jesus, and the friend that will make you laugh on the way. I'm so thankful for you, RaeRae! Check out her take on motherhood! 



What is your motherhood mantra?
1.Treat your family better than you treat anyone else all the time. 
2. Happiness comes when you choose to search for reasons to be thankful.
 *I think I was supposed to pick between the two, but I couldn't, so you get a twofer! Yay Wise Raegan!



What is the best advice you could give a first time mom?
1. Always share God's word with your baby and continue as they grow. Gods word doesn't return void. Isaiah 55:11
2. Put your children to bed early and in their own bed so you can recharge your relationship with your spouse. 
*see above. Yay wise Raegan!



What's the most annoying advice you've received? 
I can't remember any annoying advice... So here's the best advice I received: Your children are some of the greatest in God's kingdom, so treat them like it. Speak to them the way you want them to speak to you. 



What is your favorite thing about your kids?
My favorite thing about Millie is her thoughtfulness and sense of humor. Favorite thing about Guy is his zeal for God and his affection toward me. 


What's one thing you wish you could the "newborn mom" version of yourself?
I would tell myself to love my children where they are and accept them for who they are instead of what I think they should be.


I didn't take this picture, but it makes me laugh every time. I love you Raegan, and I love the way you embrace every ounce of what this life has to offer. I'm blessed by your wisdom and your friendship!

1 comment:

  1. Kaylea!!! You are so sweet. I feel so honored! I never imagined such kind words to ever be spoken about me. You make me to cry!

    ReplyDelete