Pages

Cason

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Remember that amazing maternity session from a few months back? Stunning blonde in the red dress? Adorable bloodhound? Seemingly clever photoshop effects that were actually the result of the grand Texas wind? 



I have amazing news. About a month later, sweet Cason was born, and in doing so, melted me to my core. We had grand hopes for a fresh 48, but as fate would have it, the stars never aligned. However, Two weeks later, I nestled a fluffy haired boy in my arms and we shot the most adorable newborns. 


I never would have pegged Brooke as a first time Mom. She trusted me to do my job and take care of her sweet boy. She didn't hover, she didn't panic when he cried... just sat quietly in her rocker and said "Let me know if I can help." It was a dream. 


It's kind of a given that peace accompanies looking into the face of a sleeping newborn, but to keep Cason asleep, Brooke had a worship playlist in the background. We hummed along, and there was such a special presence in the room. It reassured me that Jesus will always come down to meet us. No matter where we are. Physically or spiritually. One line of one of the songs jumped out at me while we were shooting, and I had the song on repeat while editing. 


"Let us become more aware of Your presence. Let us experience the glory of your goodness..."

I honestly can't think of a better way to approach parenthood or life in general. I also know that I'll never hear that song without thinking of this sweet boy ever again. Even 50 years from now. 


I love you, Brooke! Thanks for letting me love on that boy! 


Also, see that portrait of Merle? Her brother DREW IT WITH HIS BARE HANDS... I mean, there was probably some form of art utensil involved, but I am AMAZED every time I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment