Pages

Solidarity, Sister: Kendal

Sunday, May 14, 2017

I had this idea to post a series of photos that I've done with kids not cooperating, and the responses to a questionnaire that I sent to a few of my clients. As the responses started pouring in, I realized that this wasn't a one blog situation. This was a heart cry to mothers every where. I loved it. I couldn't narrow it down, so each person is getting their own blog! Unless they have specifically requested to remain anonymous, in which there will be one blog of mystery. 

We begin with Kendal. I don't know all of the specifics here, but I do know that her oldest daughter is four and her youngest daughter is already one. YOU DO THAT MATH. When we tried a family session, her toddlers behaved like toddlers. We were both exhausted at the end of it, but even in chaos, those little personalities shined through their session and we landed with some shots that perfectly represent this season. Check out Kendal's answers below! 

What is your motherhood mantra?
Choose Joy!


What is the best advice you could give a first time mom?
Allow the truths of scripture to define our way of thinking, and not truisms from the world.


What's the most annoying advice you've received? 
I'm not sure! I typically take whatever has been said and sift it through the word of truth... Taking with me any nuggets that remain. 


What is your favorite thing about your kids?
Every. Single. Thing. I love the way they love you... they have such grace in the midst of your imperfections... 



What's one thing you wish you could tell the "newborn mom" version of yourself? 
I would remind myself that the opportunities to bless my children are most often present when i least feel like it... this is why i must not depend on my emotions to dictate my actions. I must be obedient and discipline my emotions to fall in line with God's word. I am to love my children, and raise them in the nurture and admonition of the lord! All. The. Time.


Let's all collectively ignore how Kendal looks like she's babysitting with her fabulous crossfit bod. Let's not think about how she had 3 kids in 4 years and has no arm fat to show for it. Everything is fine. 

Thanks for your thoughts, Kendal! I love your girls and I love the way you choose grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment