Pages

Micheal and Donica

Thursday, April 20, 2017

To make a really long story short, Donica's sister is one of my favorite people in the universe, even more so now that she's set me up to photograph an amazing ceremony with amazing light and one of the best brides around. I mean, Michael is probably pretty great too, but I don't talk to him *quite* as often as I do to Donica.


The day of this engagement session, the weather was glorious. I was still reeling a bit from a maternity session that was INSANE with winds, and I was anxious all day to get out and shoot in the calmer weather. It is, of course, my luck that while driving to the shoot, clouds rolled in, winds blew, and rain fell. 


"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! (Mama Mia, mama Mia, let me go....)," I yelled, while high fiving my nod to Freddie. 

I pulled up to the shoot, gave it my best (unconvincing) "Everything is fine." And we hauled... booty... across the field to knock these out while there was a break in the rain. Gradually we all relaxed, as the weather stayed dark and windy, but the precipitation passed. We laughed at my terrible jokes, how long I made them hold poses while I adjusted light every three seconds, and at the cruelty of the wind ruining EVERYTHING. 


In the grand scheme of things, the shoot came together beautifully. It broke the ice well, and I couldn't be more excited to shoot this wedding in July!  


No comments:

Post a Comment