Pages

Life in the Fast Lane(s)

Monday, February 20, 2017

It is sincerely the utmost compliment to my work when client's call me for repeat photos. You kind of come to expect people use you once, then see another photographer's work pop up the next holiday season. I don't necessarily find this to be a bad thing, either. A different photographer is going to catch different sides to your family. I love that aspect. I love celebrating #communityovercompetition. But if we're being honest, it will always thrill me when you message me for another set of photos.

When I met Cody and Grace last year, she was annoyingly tall and had the sweetest little baby bump. I took one of my top three favorite maternity photos to date that blistering July day, and when her name popped up on my phone in January, I jumped up and down with glee. Because despite the fact that they're both devastatingly beautiful, they're genuinely good people. They're hysterical, and their bloopers are almost always better than their portraits. They are welcoming, humble, and an example of the friends I try to keep around me. And as if that wasn't enough, Grace just gave birth to the squishiest, sweetest, most precious baby in the land, Weston.






I love you, Lanes. I'll take your photos for as long as you'll let me. Also, here's a side-by-side of that famous photo, and sweet Weston in his Mama's arms. Can't handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment